Kungkungan Bay Resort (KBR to its friends and soon to be friends) is proud to be the resort that introduced the world to the now famous “Lembeh Strait”, acknowledged as the #1 destination in the world for Critter / Muck diving.
Being the first resort in Lembeh gave us some unique advantages, the most notable being our location. KBR is located in its own Private Bay, with year-round calm waters.
Where is Manado?
Manado is the capital city of the North Sulawesi province of Indonesia. Manado is located at the Bay of Manado, and is surrounded by a mountainous area.
- Private jetty with camera rinse tanks and hot showers
- Camera charging room
- Air conditioned bar
- Swimming pool with swim-up bar
- Internet access and lending library
- There are also WIFI hot spots available throughout the resort
- Restaurant service is available 24-hours of every day
Lembeh plays host to a cornucopia of weird and wonderful creatures to be found here and here alone. They moor over shallow black sandy slopes, where seahorses and nudibranchs are in abundance. Then there are the Inimicus devilfish, dwarf lionfish, scorpionfish, pufferfish, octopus, pegasus sea moths, frogfish, ribbon eels and flying gunnards. Truly a one-off opportunity for all photographers and anyone looking for the unusual and unseen, you’re sure to see something that you have never seen before, no matter how experienced you are.
The exceptional year-round weather conditions provide a variety of diving experiences, from “muck dives” on pure black volcanic sand to colourful coral reefs and enticing historic wrecks. Whatever your pleasure, Lembeh is always sure to offer fascinating and exciting underwater discoveries.
- Beachfront Cottage Suite – These beautiful Coconut Wood cottages are the original rooms that KBR opened with in 1994.
- These are duplex units that have a large spacious layout, with an Air Conditioned Bedroom and a separate Fan-Cooled Living Room.
- The large Bathroom is attached to the bedroom and has a big Stone Walk-In Shower. There is a large Waterfront Veranda with chairs that is shared with your neighbor and which has beautiful views of the Bay and the Strait and beyond.
- Beachfront Traditional House – These rooms are separate units and are “L shaped” with a Queen-sized Bed at each end of the “L”. That makes this room perfect for non-couples as this gives each bed some privacy from the other.
- There is a common sitting area located between the foot of each bed and a wood and stone bathroom with a Walk-In Shower. In addition to the above standard amenities, this room equipped with Satellite TV w/ Movie Channels.
- The Beachfront Villas are separate units with a large open floor plan that includes a sitting area, a separate work area with desk & chair and a wardrobe for storage.
- The attached bathroom has a Bathtub and a separate Stone Walk-In Shower. There is a very large Veranda with breathtaking views of our Bay. Each Veranda has a dining table and comfortable chairs where you can enjoy some delicious food from our Room Service in privacy and comfort.
- Hillside Villa, is our version of a Tree-House.
- It is a romantic two story building with an Air Conditioned sitting area on the 1st floor. The 2nd floor is the Air Conditioned bedroom with French Doors that open onto a small balcony that is basically at tree top level and the view is fantastic.
- The attached bathroom also has separate bathing and shower facilities as above. In addition to the above standard amenities, all Villas are equipped with a Satellite TV w/ Movie Channels, the bathroom has separate bath.
- Owner’s Suite – This Suite has 2 bedrooms, a large bedroom with a luxury King-size bed and a comfortable daybed for curling up with a book, and a second smaller bedroom with 2 twin beds.
- The bathroom has been upgraded with stylish Vanity and Shower fixtures. We have even installed a Bidet equipped toilet. The living room has beautiful Rattan Furniture, Mini-Bar, separate Desk & Chair and a 32 inch Flat screen Satellite TV.
- There is a separate Air Conditioning unit for each of the rooms. The front porch of this room is up off the ground as this is a stilt house. It is private and has great views of the resort and strait.