Luxury Hotel Upgrade to Mantis from R 3 500pp sharing
The ultimate trip to explore world history and enjoy the unique marine life of Saint Helena Island , a remote volcanic island situated in the South Atlantic Ocean. Now easily accessible with the new airport and direct flights from Johannesburg. Known for where Boer prisoners of war were held and the place of Napoleon Bonaparte’s exile and death.Situated on the whale shark migration route, clear, warm waters, wrecks and fascinating marine life make St Helena Island an exciting snorkeling and scuba diving destination. Dive site habitats vary from rocky reefs with caves and areas of boulders to cobbles and sand, all teeming with marine life and all within easy reach of the wharf in Jamestown.
- Includes & Excludes
- Diving Highlights
- 7 Nights’ accommodation
- 8 Dives over 4 days
- Tanks & Weights
- 2 Whale Safaris
- Full Island land based tour
- Scheduled Airport Transfers
- Flights and Airport Taxes (Approx. R 15 000)
- Personal travel, baggage and diving insurance
- Any meals or drinks not specified
- Equipment Rental
- Additional Sightseeing not specified
- £20 entry fee to the island, payable in GBP at immigration upon arrival
- Luxury Hotel upgrade R3 500pp sharing
Please note the following:
- Prices are subject to change in the event of price increases, airfares, exchange rate fluctuations and availability.
- The exact price can only be confirmed at the time of final invoicing and final payment due date. If you would like to secure your price to avoid any fluctuations we will provide you with a final invoice (calculated at the exchange rate at time) and payment will need to me made in FULL within 24 hours of receipt of the invoice.
- The tour package has been quoted on a sharing basis and an additional single supplement fee will be charged for singles
Where is St Helena?
St Helena is in the middle of the South Atlantic Ocean and is one of the world’s most isolated islands. Located 4,000 kilometres east of Rio de Janeiro and 1,950 kilometres west of the Cunene River, which marks the border between Namibia and Angola.
Arrive St HelenaFly Johannesburg to St Helena – Transfer to Hotel
HotelRelax at the hotel and enjoy 8 dives and your Whale Safari.
Depart St HelenaCheck out of hotel – transfer to the airport in St Helena and fly to Johannesburg.
Diving Highlights and Bucket List Dive Sites:
St Helena’s volcanic past has created a stunning coastline for divers to enjoy with many caves, archways, sea mounts and reefs. You will be amazed by the sheer abundance of marine life including over 50 species found no where else in the world.
In addition to the plethora of life seen on our reefs St Helena is home to many pelagic species such as Wahoo, Tuna, Dorado, Chilean Devil Rays, Green Turtles and of course Whale sharks. The Chilean Devil Rays (Mobula tarapacana) are always a favourite with divers as they are very curious creatures who often spend time with us playing in our bubbles.
There are eight easily accessible wrecks on the leeward side of the island ranging from the Witte Leeuw sunk in 1613 to The Portzic sunk in 2008. The wrecks are not just fascinating historically, they provide unique marine habitats for an abundance of life. With depths ranging from 10 meters to 35 meters, these wrecks offer experiences for all levels of divers.