Special Offer: $ 5 695 (Approx. R 88 275) pp, sharing (Normal: $ 6 395)
(SAVE $700 (Approx. R 10 850) if you book and pay your deposit before Dec 2019)
(International Flights, stopovers and extensions quoted separately)
Galapagos is known for the volcanic landscapes, pristine beaches and wildlife found like nowhere else in the world. Spend 7 nights on board the NEW luxury liveaboard, “Tiburon Explorer” diving this unique area. The month of May falls into the warmer months, known for its excellent sightings of large schools of Hammerhead sharks and manta rays.
- Includes & Excludes
- Diving Highlights
- Liveaboard Details
- Return Baltra airport transfers
- 7 nights / 8 days accommodation aboard the New Tiburon Explorer
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, Snacks
- Coffee, tea & water
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Local alcoholic beverages
- Up to 4 dives daily (weather permitting)
- 12L Air Tanks, weights, belt,
- Towels and cabin services,
- Dive Deck with camera table & rinse tanks
- Land Excursions: Visit to Santa Cruz Highlands to see the giant tortoises in their natural habitat. Afternoon North Seymour land visit to see the large colonies of Blue Footed Boobies and Frigate Birds. Sighting of Sea Lions and Marine Iguanas are common.
- All flights and airport taxes (Quotation on request)
- $ 20 Galapagos Visitors Card (Paid at Quito Airport)
- $100 Galapagos National Park Fee (Paid on arrival in Baltra)
- $35 Hyperbaric chamber fee payable on board
- $150 Fuel Surcharge payable on board
- Tips/Gratuities $300 – $400 per person
- Nitrox – $ 150 for the week
- Dive & Travel Insurance (DAN or Equivalent)
- Airport Transfers (Mainland, Ecuador)
- Premium Alcohol Beverages
- Hire of 15L Tanks & Equipment Rental
- Gear Hire: Please enquire for rates
- Final Evening Meal (Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz Island- Restaurant of choice)
Please note the following:
- Prices are subject to change in the event of price increases, airfares, exchange rate fluctuations and availability.
- The exact price can only be confirmed at the time of final invoicing and final payment due date. If you would like to secure your price to avoid any fluctuations we will provide you with a final invoice (calculated at the exchange rate at time) and payment will need to me made in FULL within 24 hours of receipt of the invoice.
- The tour package has been quoted on a sharing basis and an additional single supplement fee will be charged for singles
Where is Galapagos?
The Galapagos Islands are located 1000km off the Ecuador coastline in the Pacific Ocean.
Arrive BaltraGuests fly to the Galapagos Islands from Mainland Ecuador, arriving in the late morning. The dive guides will meet the guests at the airport between 11:30 am and 12 pm and escort them to the Galapagos liveaboard, Tiburon Explorer. Guests will board the vessel, have lunch and listen to the briefings. After the briefings, the guests will do a check out dive at Punta Carrion. After dinner the vessel will depart to the next scheduled destination.
Baltra North (2 Dives)Sightings include rays and schools of fish. Afternoon North Seymour land visit. Walk the path around North Seymour Island to see the large colonies of Blue Footed Boobies and Frigate Birds. Sighting of Sea Lions and Marine Iguanas are also common. Depart for Wolf Island (long transit)
Wolf Island (4 Dives and possible night dive)Possible night dive. Sightings often include hammerheads, whale shark (in season), eagle rays, sea lions, Galapagos sharks and silky sharks.
Darwin Island (4 Dives)Sightings often include hammerheads, whale sharks (in season) eagle rays, Galapagos sharks and silky sharks. Transit to Wolf Island
Wolf Island (3-4 Dives)Sightings often include hammerheads, whale sharks (in season), eagle rays, Galapagos sharks and silky sharks. Transit to Cabo Douglas (12 hours)
Cabo Douglas Island (1-2 Dives)Sightings include marine iguanas. Transit to Punta Vicente Roca. Punta Vicente Roca (1-2 Dives). Sightings often include mola mola, turtles and macro life. Transit to Cousins Rock (10 hours)
Cousin’s Rock (2 Dives)This is a great macro diving with an excellent chance of seeing sea horses, sea lions and eagle rays. Lunch will be served while transiting to Santa Cruz (3 hours). Travel by bus to the Santa Cruz Highlands to visit the giant tortoises in their natural habitat. Transfer to the town of Puerto Ayora. Dinner on your own in Puerto Ayora. Return to the Tiburon Explorer at 8:30pm.
Depart BaltraDepart the vessel by 9 am. Transfer to the airport or extend your stay.
Diving Highlights and Bucket List Dive Sites:
Is a natural rock arch feature situated to the southeast of Darwin Island in the Pacific Ocean. The arch sits on an irregularly shaped, rocky, submerged plateau, nicknamed “the theatre”. If you’re after large sea creatures, this is the place to go as most of them converge here due to the strong currents. Although you will be able to see the usual’s like manta rays and sea turtles, the sheer number of sharks (especially if you go during the right season) is nothing short of magnificent.
While you are bound to see the usual sharks, mobula rays, and bluefin tunas, the reason this dive site so popular is because whale sharks often frequent these waters. They often can be seen from between 6 and 60 feet (2 and 20 meters) from June to December.
You’ll find an incredible variety of macro life at Cousins Rock, including scorpionfish, seahorses, frogfish, and nudibranchs. Larger life such as playful sea lions, mantas and eagle rays are also common. Cousins is shaped like a volcanic cone so if there is current, usually from the south east, then part of the site is sheltered and the formation of the site makes a great multi-level dive.
DECK / CABIN SPECIFICATIONS:
A beautiful new, state-of-the-art, boat is launching in the Galapagos. This 125 footer will accommodate 16 passengers in 9 air-conditioned staterooms. All staterooms are located on the main and lower decks and have ocean view windows to maximize views of the Galapagos Archipelago. In addition, each stateroom has twin beds that can be converted to comfortable queen beds for couples. Each cabin has private bath and shower facilities, dressers and closets.
The Main Deck features six guest staterooms, 1-6, each with private bath and shower, air-conditioning, ample storage and large windows providing guests with amazing ocean views. The dining area, lounge/entertainment area, bar and large dive deck are also located on the Main Deck.
The Lower Deck comprises 3 suites, 7-9, each with private bath and shower, air-conditioning, port windows and ample storage.