Non-Diver from: R 21 499 pp sharing
Discover the Marine Megafauna of Madagascar on this tailor-made holiday and explore the islands and islets around Nosy Be whilst swimming with the inhabitants of these tropical waters. Madagascar is a perfect diving destination to explore lively coral reefs and experience a land of biological and cultural richness. A rounded holiday of excitement both in and out of the ocean.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Diving Highlights and Bucket List Dive Sites:
This vessel, a former trawler turned into a 18 meters shrimp boat, was sunk by divers in 2006 to create a new artificial reef. Many operators have added this dive spot to their dive program because is located only 15 minutes away by boat. Resting right on a depth of 28 meters, this wreck gradually becomes a sanctuary for life. There are morays, rays, barracudas, grouper, scorpion fish, bat fish, trunk fish, puffer fish, flying scorpion fish, frog fish, nudibranchs and other crocodile fish.
This dive site is very famous for its breathtaking wall. We start on a plateau at 13 meters deep until arriving at the edge of a steep falling down to 80 meters. At 35 meters on the wall covered with gorgonians you will finds the entrance of a submarine cave 15 meters long. If you want to explore it, a dive torch is essential because inside the darkness reigns.
This dive site is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful in Madagascar. This spot also called “the enchanted forest” is situated 5 minutes away from Nosy Be on a rocky plateau. Between 10 and 20 meters, an aquatic forest composed of magnificent and imposing gorgones, black coral, sponges offers a striking landscape. Numerous turtles, some of them enormous, surround the area, so it is not uncommon to meet one or more during your underwater tour. Underwater photographers will love to encounter seahorses, crocodile fishes and small spotted rays.
Where is Madagascar?
Madagascar is a huge island nation off the southeast coast of Africa. It’s home to thousands of animal species, such as lemurs, found nowhere else, plus rain forests, beaches and reefs. Near the busy capital, Antananarivo, is Ambohimanga, a hillside complex of royal palaces and burial grounds, as well as the “Avenue of the Baobabs,” a dirt road lined by massive centuries-old trees.
Arrive MadagascarFly direct from Johannesburg to Nosy Be (3hr 30min flight.) On arrival, you will be met and transferred approximately a 45 minute car ride and then a 15 minute boat ride to Sakatia Lodge for check in. Relax and enjoy an evening at leisure
Sakatia LodgeSpend your days at leisure and enjoy scheduled activities
Depart MadagascarEnjoy breakfast at the resort and check out of your room Transfer to the airport in Nosy Be for your return flight to Johannesburg. On route you will stop at Beira, Mozambique to refuel (4h50min flight).
- 7 Nights’ accommodation at Sakatia Lodge in the Mango bungalow
- Breakfast & Dinner Daily
- Scheduled Airport Transfers
- 8 Dives
- Tank & Weights
- Nosy Komba & Tanikely full day tour
- Airport Taxes
- Personal travel, baggage and diving insurance
- Any meals or drinks not specified
- Additional Sightseeing not specified
- Visa on arrival (€35)
Please note the following:
- Prices are subject to change in the event of price increases, airfares, exchange rate fluctuations and availability.
- The exact price can only be confirmed at the time of final invoicing and final payment due date. If you would like to secure your price to avoid any fluctuations we will provide you with a final invoice (calculated at the exchange rate at time) and payment will need to me made in FULL within 24 hours of receipt of the invoice.
- The tour package has been quoted on a sharing basis and an additional single supplement fee will be charged for singles
No details found.
No Details Found