It is the perfect place for divers to see manta rays, sharks, and shoals of schooling fish, and explore reef slopes with some of the widest diversity of corals in the world. Seek out rare dugongs, hike at sunrise to see the stunning birds of paradise, and meet the wonderful local people of Raja Ampat.
- Includes & Excludes
- Diving Highlights
- Return transfers from Airport to Resort (approx. 2 hour boat transfer)
- 7 nights’ accommodation at Kri Eco Resort, Superior Water Cottage
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- 4 Boat dives per day ( 3 day dive + 1 optional dusk/night dive)
- Unlimited house reef diving
- Scuba tanks, weight belts, guide, beach towel
- Free Nitrox
- Free use of Kayaks and SUP`s (Stand-up paddle board) – limited availability
- Laundry service
- d Diving
- Personal travel, baggage and diving insurance
- Marine Park fees (Rp. 1 000 000 – approx. R1000)
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Tips & Gratuities
- Additional Sightseeing not specified
- Upgrade to a Deluxe Over-Water Bungalow: R 4 500 pp, sharing (7 Nights)
- Upgrade to a 10 Night Package: R 12 100 pp, sharing (Superior Bungalow)
- Upgrade to a 10 Night Package: R 17 500 pp, sharing (Deluxe Bungalow)
Please note the following:
- Prices are subject to change in the event of price increases, airfares, exchange rate fluctuations and availability.
- The exact price can only be confirmed at the time of final invoicing and final payment due date. If you would like to secure your price to avoid any fluctuations we will provide you with a final invoice (calculated at the exchange rate at time) and payment will need to me made in FULL within 24 hours of receipt of the invoice.
- The tour package has been quoted on a sharing basis and an additional single supplement fee will be charged for singles
Where is Raja Ampat?
Located off the northwest tip of Bird's Head Peninsula on the island of New Guinea, in Indonesia's West Papua province, Raja Ampat, or the Four Kings, is an archipelago comprising over 1,500 small islands, cays, and shoals surrounding the four main islands of Misool, Salawati, Batanta, and Waigeo, and the smaller island of Kofiau. The Raja Ampat archipelago straddles the Equator and forms part of Coral Triangle which contains the richest marine biodiversity on earth.
Arrive SorongUpon arrival in Sarong you will be met at the airport and transferred to the speed boat for your ride to the Resort (approx. 2 hours). Relax and enjoy an evening at leisure
Kri Eco ResortEnjoy your days relaxing at the resort with up to 4 dives per day. If you are up for some site seeing of the area various tours can be arranged. (bird tours, waterfall trips, village tours, sunset cruises, river bird cruises, island day trips, etc)
Depart ResortCheck out and prepare for boat transfer to the main land. Transfer to the airport for your flight home
Diving Highlights and Bucket List Dive Sites:
Manta Point – Manta Sandy
If the many reefs are not enough this area also boasts some of the best manta diving in the world! Manta Sandy is a cleaning station visited by reef mantas (Manta alfredi) that are vying for a position above the two rocks where wrasses clean these giants. They also get enormous 4 meter wide black reef mantas, looking like a negative photographic image, their gills are highlighted in white, along with the other more common white-bellied variety.
Just 10 minutes away from The Passage lies a mangrove system of clear mirror-still blue water, where soft corals grow on the roots of mangrove trees. Rising above the foliage hornbills and parrots swoop between the trees. Hidden Bay is a complex network of interconnected water channels and lakes. Looking into the water one can spot huge chocolate chip sea stars laying between the seagrass that grow next to corals normally only seen on outer reefs.
This utterly unique dive site, located 1 hour away from Kri Island, lies between the island of Gam and Waigeo. It can be described as river flowing between the two islands. The nutrient rich waters that are drawn through by the tides feed a vast wealth of marine biodiversity. Above water the sheer limestone cliffs make this a place excessively beautiful. There really is no other dive site in the world like this.
These islands are the very definition of paradise. White limestone cliffs plunge into the sea. Ultramarine blue lagoons are nestled next to monumental pinnacles and untouched beaches. There are many places that claim to be this beautiful, but this is the genuine article. Located about 1,5h boat ride from Kri Island, Fam Island has some of the most beautiful coral gardens and walls in Raja Ampat, combined with stunning viewpoints on land.
Just a 30 min boat ride from Kri Island, you will get to dive one of the few diveable wrecks in the area. It is a P47D fighter airplane (approx. length 15m) which crashed during World War II in 1944 and until today remains in perfect condition and shows excellent coral growth and marine life. Located on a slope that gently runs from Wai island it extends from 26 – 33 m depth.
Batanta, the smallest of the “Four King”, is renowned to be the macro diving spot in Raja Ampat. Giving each diver an excellent opportunity for critter hunting. Lots of little freshwater channels carrying nutrients in and out of its bays, blended with a substrate of silt, mud, black sand, and all this mixed with a diversity of soft and hard corals. A perfect hiding place for all kinds of weird creatures. A wonderful waterfall is also waiting for you in the heart of the tropical forest. Many colorful butterflies in different sizes along with the sound of chirping birds are welcoming you during your way up to a 60 meter high and 25 meter wide fresh waterfall where you have the opportunity to have a refreshing swim.