Dive the best and most famous dive sites of the Maldives in a week of wonderful liveaboard diving across Male and Ari atolls.Turquoise blue, crystal clear water and hundreds of islands scattered around the ocean, makes up numerous atolls consisting of outer and inner reefs. The amazing channel dives and mountainous pinnacles rise from 35m providing rich coral reefs teaming with marine life – Grey reef sharks, Manta’s and Whale Sharks are commonly seen.
- Includes & Excludes
- Diving Highlights
- Liveaboard Details
- Return airport transfers
- 7 Nights’ accommodation on Luxurious Liveaboard
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- All Tea, Coffee, Water & Afternoon Snacks
- 17 Dives (including 1 night dive)
- Guide & Tanks & Weights
- Free Nitrox
- 1 BBQ night on a local island (subject to route & weather)
- All Fees and Green Tax
- Male City Tour with local guide (on request)
- Flights and Airport Taxes
- Travel & Dive Insurance
- Soft Drinks, Fresh Juices or Alcohol
- Wi-Fi (US22$ per week)
- Hire of dive equipment other than tanks and weights
- Tips/Gratitude’s ($150 pp – divided amongst the crew)
- Maldives Departure tax USD25 pp
- Executive Suite (1) R 5 150 per person sharing
- Upper Deck (3) R 3 100 per person sharing
4* Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort
Speedboat Transfer R 3250
From R 4 900 per person sharing, per night
- Accommodation in a Deluxe Room at the 4* Olhuveli Beach Resort
- Olhuveli Speedboat Transfers (Shared) to and from Male International Airport
- Green Tax
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Afternoon tea with sandwiches.
- Unlimited soft drinks, still mineral water, fruit juices (canned), house wine, beers, regular brands of whisky, gin, vodka, tequila, rum & brandy.
- All Drinks are served by the glass. Drinks are served in the main bar, main restaurant and pool bars, available from 10h00 until midnight.
- All items and facilities not indicated will be charged accordingly to the published rates at the resort
Please note the following:
- Prices are subject to change in the event of price increases, airfares, exchange rate fluctuations and availability.
- The exact price can only be confirmed at the time of final invoicing and final payment due date. If you would like to secure your price to avoid any fluctuations we will provide you with a final invoice (calculated at the exchange rate at time) and payment will need to me made in FULL within 24 hours of receipt of the invoice.
- The tour package has been quoted on a sharing basis and an additional single supplement fee will be charged for singles.
Where is the Maldives?
Maldives, officially the Republic of Maldives is an island country and archipelago in the Indian Ocean. It lies southwest of India and Sri Lanka in the Laccadive Sea. The chain of twenty six atolls stretches from Ihavandhippolhu Atoll, to the Addu Atoll. The capital and largest city is Male, traditionally called the ‘Kings Island’.
Arrival in MaldivesOn arrival in Maldives – collect your luggage and check through customs. The transfer time to the Liveaboard will be advised based around the flight arrival times. After the arrival briefing on the Liveaboard, the afternoon is spent unpacking, preparing dive equipment, relaxing and overnight. Diving starts the following day.
5 Days of divingSpend 5 and half days discovering some of the best diving the Maldives has to offer: • Rasdhoo Atoll: Hammerhead Dive, Beautiful Reef with Pelagics • North Ari Atoll: Grey Reef Sharks, Maaya Thila Night Dive, Multiple Manta Cleaning Stations • South Ari Atoll: Whale Sharks, Beautiful Pinnacles • South Male Atoll: Grey Reef Sharks, Eagle Rays, Other Pelagics, Beautiful Macro Wreck. • Vaavu Atoll: Beautiful channels with magical soft corals and pelagic delights. Action packed night dive with Nurse Sharks and others. • North Male Atoll: Beautiful Pinnacles
Overnight on the liveaboardAfter the morning dives the liveaboard will return to Male Airport Island at midday where you will be able to relax, wash & dry out dive gear and join a tour of Male City. Overnight on the liveaboard.
Transfer to Male airportCheck out after breakfast and transfer to Male airport for your flight home.
Diving Highlights and Bucket List Dive Sites:
Madivaru (Hukrueli Faru)
Madivaru is home to a very colorful coral reef. The site is named for the abundance of manta rays seen here (Madi means manta ray in the Maldivian language Dhivehi) during the northeast monsoon season. Depths range from 25 feet to almost 100 feet, making the dive particularly interesting and varied. Manta rays are attracted to Madivaru because of the strong currents that form a whirlpool effect in the deeper parts of the site, where the manta rays can hover over the currents. The mantas are also attracted to the several cleaning stations located around Madivaru.
Maaya Thila is one of the most famous dive sites in the Maldives and is known as a great spot for both daytime and night-time scuba diving. The marine life depends largely on the currents, which vary greatly; when the currents are not strong, it is an easy dive site, suitable for less experienced divers, but when currents are strong Maaya Thila is recommended for only advanced divers and they will need to use a surface balloon. Maaya Thila is most famous for the white tip reef sharks that can nearly always be seen here, both during the day and night. A night dive at Maaya Thila also allows divers to encounter moray eels, turtles, octopus and stonefish.
Declared a “Protected Marine Area” by the Maldivian government, Kudarah Thila is a popular dive site which enjoys many incoming currents. Coral reef formations at Kudarah Thila are bright and colorful, including a variety of soft and hard corals. Thila means “Pinnacle” in Dhivehi, and at Kudarah Thila there are actually four pinnacles, which can be all visited in one dive. A swim-through at the south-east corner of the dive site makes this a particularly popular dive, as does the rich variety of marine life, which typically includes trumpet fish, snapper, gobies, dartfish, oriental sweetlips and groupers. A little further away from the reef, divers are likely to see gray reef sharks, napoleon fish and sea turtles.
Kuda Giri Wreck
This beautiful 30m long wreck lies along the side of a small pinnacle in South Male Atoll, sloping from 18m down to 33m at the stern. A great dive for macro lovers with the wreck having leaf fish, false-cheeked pipefish and other interesting little creatures to entertain. Explore the wreck and then work your way over to the shallow pinnacle that has an interesting overhang and little swim-throughs as well as a good coral garden at 5m where you can finish your safety stop.
Bodu Miyaru Kandu
‘Big Shark Channel’, is another top dive site and certainly lives up to its name. Dropping in at the south eastern corner you keep the reef on your left until you reach the drop off at the channel entrance which is approximately 30 metres deep. This site features small caves and numerous overhangs, and there is a sloping section on the left side of the channel covered in hard coral and some soft coral.
Accommodates 24 divers in 12 ensuite cabins.
- Upper deck cabins: 1 Suite with a double, 2 twin (can be changed to doubles), 1 twin.
- Lower deck cabins: 2 double, 2 twin (can be changed to doubles), 4 twin.