* Early Bird Special SAVE R 2 000pp *
(Deposits paid before 31 Jan 2020)
This itinerary takes you off the beaten track to the border of Sudan combining St. Johns, Fury Shoals and Elphinstone Reefs. Stunning swim throughs, huge coral formations, sharks, dolphins & possible dugong sightings.
- Includes & Excludes
- Diving Highlights
- Liveaboard Details
- Flights & Approx. Taxes
- All scheduled transfers
- HURGHADA Day use room
- 7 Nights’ accommodation on the luxurious liveaboard or 6 Nights on-board and 1 night in a hotel
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Snacks
- All tea, coffee, bottled water & soft drinks
- FREE BEER
- UNLIMITED DIVING
- Hire of 12L Tanks & Weights
- Free Nitrox
- Marine Park Fee and Fuel Surcharge
- Port Fees
- Hire of dive equipment other than tanks and weights
- 15L Cylinder (€40 for the week)
- Crew Gratuities (€70pp – divided amongst the crew)
- Visa (R350 pp – SA Passport)
- Contessa Mia:
- Main Deck Double Cabins (2): R 1 050 pp
- Main Deck Twin Cabins (2): R 550 pp
- Cairo: R 1 500 pp sharing includes day use room, ½ Day Pyramids & Sphinx Tour, scheduled transfers (no meals) Gratuity: €5 p.p.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- R 5000 non refundable deposit to secure your booking, balance payable 60 days prior to departure.
- Prices are subject to change in the event of price increases, airfares, exchange rate fluctuations and availability.
- The exact price can only be confirmed at the time of final invoicing and final payment due date. If you would like to secure your price to avoid any fluctuations we will provide you with a final invoice (calculated at the exchange rate at time) and payment will need to me made in FULL within 24 hours of receipt of the invoice.
- The tour package has been quoted on a sharing basis and an additional single supplement fee will be charged for singles
Where is the Red Sea?
The Red Sea is a seawater inlet of the Indian Ocean, lying between Africa and Asia. The connection to the ocean is in the south through the Bab el Mandeb strait and the Gulf of Aden.
Depart JohannesburgCheck in at Johannesburg International airport at 18h00 for your flight to Cairo departing at 21h45. Dinner is served onboard.
Cairo , Hurghada, LiveaboardOn arrival in Cairo at 05h35, stay in transit for your flight to Hurghada. You will be met at Hurghada airport and transferred to Port Ghaleb, approximately a 3 hour road transfer, where you will step into your luxurious cabin and unpack to unwind for the week. Soon after that you will be submerging yourself into the warm, crystal clear waters of the Red Sea with its wonderful sea life. Once the check in procedure is complete i.e. dive gear unpacked, safety briefings complete & all guests on board the Liveaboard will depart. In the event of late arrivals, the Liveaboard may return to port after the check dive to collect remaining guests or alternatively only depart the following day. The luxury Liveaboard offers 5* service, exceptional cuisine, a friendly crew and unlimited diving opportunities. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily and tea, coffee, soft drinks, beers and bottled water are freely available on board. Dive St. Johns Reef, Fury Shoals and Elphinstone
HurghadaAfter 2 dives, return to the port and overnight on the Liveaboard. Dinner is provided on the Liveaboard.
Hurghada, CairoCheck out of the Liveaboard after breakfast and transfer to Hurghada (Approximately 3 hour road transfer) Hurghada Day Use Hotel - All Inclusive Meal Plan Spend the day at leisure at a centrally located hotel where you can relax around the beach and pool, shop until you drop or enjoy a massage before transferring to the airport for your evening flight to Cairo. On arrival in Cairo, stay in transit for your flight to Johannesburg departing at approx. 23h10. Dinner and Breakfast is served on board.
Day 9 OPTIONAL
CAIRO HALF DAY TOURTransfer to the airport in the morning for the flight to Cairo departing at approx. 08h35. Met on arrival at 09h40 and embark on the ½ Cairo Day Tour (Pyramids and Sphinx). After the tour, check into a day-use hotel room. Spend the afternoon at leisure. Transfer to the airport at early evening for your flight back to Johannesburg departing at approx. 23h10. (Meals at own cost)
Arrive in JohannesburgArrive in Johannesburg at approx. 07h10
Diving Highlights and Bucket List Dive Sites:
ST John’s (Border of Sudan):
This area offers some of the best diving in the Red Sea and one is spoilt for choice with the chain of reefs and wealth of dive sites in this area. The numerous drop offs, tunnels and hard & soft coral formations make for spectacular diving and a photographer’s paradise. Sharks, dolphins and pelagics are common sightings in this area.
St. Johns Caves (Umm Kharalim)
A spectacular and memorable dive made up of shallow cracks in the reef which opens into caverns and overhangs. Sunlight comes streaming in through the tunnels creating a unique and truly memorable dive.
Hammerhead sharks, grey reef and silver-tip sharks have been seen here and the reef is characterised by giant gorgonians and black corals.
This is known as one of the best wall dives in the Red Sea which an abundance of corals and alive with marine life. Also a popular area to see sharks.
The Fury shoal has beautiful coral reefs and numerous spectacular dive sites. The reefs are inhabited by variety of pelagic fish, sharks, dolphins and an abundance of hard and soft corals.
A pod of spinner dolphins has been known to live in this area and are often sighted while scuba diving here.
Abu Galawa Soraya
Located towards the northern edge of the Shoal this reef offers spectacular hard corals and a small wreck of a sailing boat which is alive with marine life.
Famous for its maze of swim throughs and some of the largest caves in the Red Sea. The rays of light come streaming into the large rooms creating beautiful visual effects. There is a resident Napoleon that often greets the divers and white tip reef sharks have been spotted on the outer reefs.
A truly legendary Red Sea diving reef where you can expect the unexpected, with its north and south plateaus and its walls covered in soft corals. Southern Oceanic White tips, Hammerheads and grey reef sharks can also be spotted here on a regular basis.
DECK / CABIN SPECIFICATIONS ON M/Y CONTESSA MIA:
The liveaboard M/Y Contessa Mia accommodates 24 guests in 12 beautifully designed cabins all equipped with AC & En-suite facilities, 10 are twin cabins and 2 double cabins
8 x Twin Cabins
2 x Twin Cabin 2 x Double Cabins