This itinerary offers some exhilarating diving by combining the remote and exclusive Brother Islands with Daedalus and Elphinstone reefs. Spectacular wall diving and sightings of Hammerheads, Threshers and Oceanic White Tip sharks are common.A great combo for the more advanced and experienced diver.
- Includes & Excludes
- Diving Highlights
- Liveaboard Details
- Flights & Approx. Taxes
- All scheduled transfers
- HURGHADA Day use room
- 7 Nights’ accommodation on the luxurious Liveaboard or 6 Nights on-board and 1 night in a hotel
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Snacks
- All tea, coffee, bottled water & soft drinks
- FREE BEER
- UNLIMITED DIVING
- Hire of 12L Tanks & Weights
- Free Nitrox
- Marine Park Fee and Fuel Surcharge
- Port Fees
- Hire of dive equipment other than tanks and weights
- 15L Cylinder (€40 for the week)
- Crew Gratuities (€70pp – divided amongst the crew)
- Visa (R350 pp – SA Passport)
- Sundeck Suite: R 1 050 pp
- Sundeck Double Cabin: R 1 050 pp
- Sundeck Twin Cabin: R 550 pp
- Cairo: R 1 500 pp sharing includes day use room, ½ Day Pyramids & Sphinx Tour, scheduled transfers (no meals) Gratuity: €5 p.p.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- R 5000 non refundable deposit to secure your booking, balance payable 60 days prior to departure.
- Prices are subject to change in the event of price increases, airfares, exchange rate fluctuations and availability.
- The exact price can only be confirmed at the time of final invoicing and final payment due date. If you would like to secure your price to avoid any fluctuations we will provide you with a final invoice (calculated at the exchange rate at time) and payment will need to me made in FULL within 24 hours of receipt of the invoice.
- The tour package has been quoted on a sharing basis and an additional single supplement fee will be charged for singles
Where is the Red Sea?
The Red Sea is a seawater inlet of the Indian Ocean, lying between Africa and Asia. The connection to the ocean is in the south through the Bab el Mandeb strait and the Gulf of Aden.
Depart JohannesburgCheck in at Johannesburg International airport at 18h00 for your flight to Cairo departing at 21h45.
Cairo , Hurghada, LiveaboardOn arrival in Cairo at 05h35, stay in transit for your flight to Hurghada. You will be met at Hurghada airport and transferred to the port, which is a mere 10 minute drive where you will step into your luxurious cabin and unpack to unwind for the week. Soon after that you will be submerging yourself into the warm, crystal clear waters of the Red Sea with its wonderful sea life. Once the check in procedure is complete i.e. dive gear unpacked, safety briefings complete & all guests on board the Liveaboard will depart. In the event of late arrivals, the Liveaboard may return to port after the check dive to collect remaining guests or alternatively only depart the following day. The luxury Liveaboard offers 5* service, exceptional cuisine, a friendly crew and unlimited diving opportunities. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily and tea, coffee, soft drinks, beers and bottled water are freely available on board. Brother Islands: One day is spent diving the Brother Islands (Big Brother & Small Brother). Dive Daedalus Reef and, Elphinstone NOTE: Night Dives are not permitted in Marine Parks
HurghadaAfter 2 dives, return to the port and overnight on the Liveaboard. The evening can be spent shopping and exploring Hurghada and the Marina. Dinner is provided on the Liveaboard.
Hurghada, CairoCheck out of the Liveaboard after breakfast (by 10am). Hurghada Day Use Hotel: All Inclusive Meal Plan Spend the day at leisure at a centrally located hotel where you can relax around the beach and pool, shop until you drop or enjoy a massage before transferring to the airport for your evening flight to Cairo. On arrival in Cairo, stay in transit for your flight to Johannesburg departing at approx. 23h10. Dinner and Breakfast is served onboard.
Day 9 OPTIONAL
CAIRO HALF DAY TOURTransfer to the airport in the morning for the flight to Cairo. Met on arrival and embark on the 1⁄2 Cairo Day Tour (Pyramids and Sphinx). After the tour, check into a day-use hotel room where you can freshen up after your busy, hot and dusty day exploring Cairo, relax at the pool and enjoy a nice meal before heading back to the airport early evening for your flight back to Johannesburg departing at approx. 23h10. (Meals at own cost)
Arrive JohannesburgArrive in Johannesburg at approx. 07h10.
Diving Highlights and Bucket List Dive Sites:
The Brother Islands
One day is spent diving the Brother Islands, two undersea mountains rising from the depths, about 100 kilometres off-shore. Known for its magnificent wall diving and shark sightings, the islands are now strictly controlled and the number of divers is limited – a definite must on any southern Red Sea itinerary.
The Aida II wreck
An Egyptian supply vessel and the Numidia, a cargo ship, lies on the walls of the Big Brother and if the current allows, can be explored on this safari.
This is another marine park consisting of a big oval reef with a lighthouse and its perimeter of walls offers some of the most stunning diving in the Red Sea.
Hammerheads, Threshers and Oceanic Whitetip sharks, as well as the magnificent Whale Shark are occasionally spotted close to the reef.
A truly legendary Red Sea diving reef where you can expect the unexpected, with its north and south plateaus and its walls covered in soft corals. Southern Oceanic White tips, Hammerheads and grey reef sharks can also be spotted here on a regular basis
DECK / CABIN SPECIFICATIONS:
The liveaboard M/Y Sea Serpent can accommodate groups of up to 22 divers in 11 cabins (9 twin) and (2 double). The luxurious cabins are equipped with individually controlled air-conditioning, mini bar, bathrobes and towels, among other services.
8 x Twin Cabins
1 x Twin Cabin 2 x Double Cabins