(1 150 €)
+ R 11 500 Flights & Taxes
Contact us to book a date that suits you or join us on one of our Group Departures
Combine the best sites of the northern red sea with the spectacular wall diving of the Tiran Straits. The Northern Red Sea Safari – Wrecks & Reefs Itinerary offers a great combination of wreck diving, wall diving, reefs & swim throughs. This safari offers a taste of all the best wrecks and reefs of this area including the famous Thistlegorm Wreck, Ras Mohammed National Park & well known Abu Nuhas wrecks, as well as the spectacular reefs on the Hurghada side of the Red Sea. Tiran Islands: Dive the incredible wall diving of the Tiran Straits (4 undersea Mountains – Jackson, Woodhouse, Gordon & Thomas Reef). Suitable for both advanced and novice divers. Nitrox is free and is highly recommended to maximise the diving experience.
- Includes & Excludes
- Optional Extensions
- Diving Highlights
- Liveaboard Details
- All scheduled transfers
- 7 Nights’ accommodation on the luxurious Liveaboard
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Snacks
- All tea, coffee, bottled water & soft drinks
- FREE UNLIMITED BEER
- UNLIMITED DIVING
- Hire of 12L Tanks & Weights
- Free Nitrox
- Marine Park Fee and Fuel Surcharge
- Port Fees
- Reef Taxes
- Flights & Taxes (Approx. R 11 500)
- Hire of dive equipment other than tanks and weights
- 15L Cylinder (€45 for the week)
- Crew Gratuities (€100pp – divided amongst the crew)
- Covid test in Egypt prior to return to South Africa (Should you not be vaccinated) €100pp
- Sundeck Twin Cabin (2): R 1 000 pp
- Sundeck Double Cabin (1): R 1 000 pp
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- A deposit of R 5 000 is required to confirm your booking
- Balance payable 60 days prior to departure
- Prices are subject to change in the event of price increases, airfares, exchange rate fluctuations and availability.
- The exact price can only be confirmed at the time of final invoicing and final payment due date. If you would like to secure your price to avoid any fluctuations we will provide you with a final invoice (calculated at the exchange rate at time) and payment will need to me made in FULL within 24 hours of receipt of the invoice.
- The tour package has been quoted on a sharing basis and an additional single supplement fee will be charged for singles
- Any Covid related cancelations can be used for travel at a later date. Please note that airline rebooking fees may apply
- Less than 60 days:
Liveaboard: 100% cancelation fee apply
Flights: Cancellation fees apply as stipulated by airline/s concerned and refunds may vary depending on the airfare paid at the time of booking.
Where is the Red Sea?
The Red Sea is a seawater inlet of the Indian Ocean, lying between Africa and Asia. The connection to the ocean is in the south through the Bab el Mandeb strait and the Gulf of Aden.
Depart JohannesburgCheck in at Johannesburg International airport at 18h00 for your flight to Cairo departing at 21h45.
Cairo , Hurghada, LiveaboardOn arrival in Cairo at 05h35, stay in transit for your flight to Hurghada. You will be met at Hurghada airport and transferred to the port, which is a mere 10 minute drive where you will step into your luxurious cabin and unpack to unwind for the week. Soon after that you will be submerging yourself into the warm, crystal clear waters of the Red Sea with its wonderful sea life. Once the check in procedure is complete i.e. dive gear unpacked, safety briefings complete & all guests on board the Liveaboard will depart. In the event of late arrivals, the Liveaboard may return to port after the check dive to collect remaining guests or alternatively only depart the following day. The luxury Liveaboard offers 5* service, exceptional cuisine, a friendly crew and unlimited diving opportunities. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily and tea, coffee, soft drinks, beers and bottled water are freely available on board. Unlimited diving
HurghadaAfter 2 dives, return to the port and overnight on the Liveaboard. The evening can be spent shopping and exploring Hurghada. Dinner is provided on the Liveaboard.
Check out of the LiveaboardCheck out of the Liveaboard after breakfast (by 10am) Please find our various extension options for either at the start or at the end of your trip under the Optional Extensions tab
Arrive In JohannesburgArrive in Johannesburg at approx. 07h10.
R 1 295 pp sharing
Enjoy a day use room in Hurghada with access to both the beach as well as the swimming pool for you to relax and unwind. Enjoy lunch before heading back to Cairo for your flight home.
• Day use room on sharing bases
• Access to the beach and swimming pool
• Transfer to Hurghada Airport for your flight to Cairo
All above prices are based on groups of 7 PAX or more. Please contact us should you require a quote for a specific number of people
R 3 495 pp
As the capital of Egypt, Cairo boasts a number of worthy attractions. Our tour includes the main hotspots on offer to get a complete Cairo experience. Transfer to the airport in the morning for the flight to Cairo. Met on arrival, you will be collected in an airconditioned vehicle and taken for a tour of the Pyramids, Sphinx followed by lunch and an exciting tour of Khan El Khalili Bazaar with an English-speaking Egyptian guide. After the tour, transfer to the Hotel to freshen up before continuing to the airport for your flight back to Johannesburg departing at approx. 23h10.
• Scheduled Transfers
• Entrance Fees
• Sphinx & Pyramids
• Kahn el Khalili bazaar
• English speaking guide
• Day use room at a 4 Star Hotel in Cairo
• Liability insurance
• Gratuity: €10 p.p x 2
Diving Highlights and Bucket List Dive Sites
The famous SS Thistlegorm World War II wreck is one of the highlights of this cruise. The SS Thistlegorm sunk in 1941, having been bombed by the Germans while on a mission to deliver a cargo of trucks, motor bikes, ammunition and war materials to the British troops in North America.
Ras Mohamed National Park
Ras Mohamed has been described as one of the best diving sites in the world. Located at the tip of Sinai, famous for its breath-taking walls rich in soft and fan corals and populated with huge shoals of fish. Nutrient-rich sediments from the Golf of Aqaba attract many fish species and also feed the coral polyps creating a paradise for divers.
Abu Nuhas Wrecks
Dive the famous wrecks of Abu Nuhas, the Ships Graveyard. This reef lies close to the ship-lane toward the Suez Canal and has claimed more ships than any other in the Red Sea. The wrecks are very scenic, covered in corals and they are fantastic for photography, especially the Carnatic, having sunk in 1869.
Dive the incredible wall diving of the Tiran Straits (4 undersea Mountains – Jackson, Woodhouse, Gordon & Thomas Reef).
DECK / CABIN SPECIFICATIONS: Serena
Lower Deck: 6 x Twin / Sun Deck: 2 x Twin, 1 x Double
One of the latest additions to the Sea Serpent fleet, M/Y Serena was designed to cater specifically for divers who want to dive the Red Sea in small groups. This luxury liveaboard is 33 meters long very fast & can accommodate groups up to 18 persons, in 9 ensuite cabins