Wakatobi Island can be enjoyed year round. There is no period unsuitable for diving, as the climate is drier than other parts of Indonesia, and the location is protected by the surrounding reefs and islands. Contact us to book a date that suits you.
Hop on a private charter flight from Bali to the secluded Wakatobi Dive Resort where you can dive amongst vibrant protected coral reefs bristling with marine life. With no other dedicated dive resort within hundreds of kilometers, Wakatobi Dive Resort provides a unique and enriching experience for those seeking recreation, relaxation and privacy.
- Includes & Excludes
- Diving Highlights
- Resort Details
- VIP greeting and assistance upon your arrival in Bali
- Round trip direct flight from Bali to Wakatobi’s private airstrip
- Full international luggage allowance
- Pre-flight VIP lounge access
- In-flight snack and hot/cold non-alcoholic beverages
- Transfer from airport to resort by boat
- Assistance with all check-in luggage, right through to your room
- 7 nights’ luxury accommodation in a Palm Bungalow
- Free WiFi high speed internet access via satellite
- In-room amenities: minibar, coffee pot, towels, hair dryer and safe
- Delicious and varied gourmet meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with care to cater to your special dietary needs
- Coffees & teas, canned soft drinks, hot chocolate, water, daily snacks
- Aromatherapy bath products
- Daily turndown service
- Optional Village Tour on last day
- Unlimited Diving:
- 3 x 70-minute guided boat dives per day on world-class protected reefs,
- Unlimited shore diving with shore supervision
- Tanks, weights and weight belt
- Nitrox for those with Nitrox certification
- Snacks, drinks and towels provided on the boats
- Full porterage for dive / snorkel gear / cameras
- Dive valet for rinsing and drying gear
- Fuel surcharges / park fees
- Flights & Airport Taxes (Approx. R 17 000 JNB – Bali Return)
- Guests should arrive in Bali one night prior to package start date
- Personal travel, baggage and diving insurance
- Alcoholic and drinks not specified
- Equipment Rental
- Additional Sightseeing not specified
Optional Upgrades (from):
- Upgrade to a Palm Bungalow 10 Nights: R 27 600 pp, sharing
- Upgrade to a Ocean Bungalow 7 Nights: R 11 500 pp, sharing
- Upgrade to a Ocean Bungalow 10 Nights: R 44 000 pp, sharing
- Upgrade to a One Bedroom Pool Villa 7 Nights: R 39 000 pp, sharing
- Upgrade to a One Bedroom Pool Villa 10 Nights: R 83 500 pp, sharing
Wakatobi Dive Resort has a high and a low season, please contact us to get a quote based on your travel dates
Please note the following:
- Prices are subject to change in the event of price increases, airfares, exchange rate fluctuations and availability.
- The exact price can only be confirmed at the time of final invoicing and final payment due date. If you would like to secure your price to avoid any fluctuations we will provide you with a final invoice (calculated at the exchange rate at time) and payment will need to me made in FULL within 24 hours of receipt of the invoice.
- The tour package has been quoted on a sharing basis and an additional single supplement fee will be charged for singles
Where is WAKATOBI ISLAND?
Located in the Asia Pacific World Coral Triangle, Wakatobi Island falls within a marine national park in Southeast Sulawesi, Indonesia between the Banda Sea to the northeast and the Flores Sea to the Southwest. The Wakatobi Islands offer clear blue water and exceptionally rich bio diverse under water life, as it hosts over 900 fish species and 750 coral reef species.
Arrive BaliUpon arrival in Bali you will be met at the airport and stay in transit for your flight to Wakatobi's private airstrip and transferred via boat to the Resort Relax and enjoy an evening at leisure
Wakatobi Dive ResortEnjoy your days relaxing at the resort with up to 3 x 70-minute guided boat dives per day as well as unlimited shore diving.
Depart ResortCheck out and prepare for boat transfer to the private airstrip for your flight back to Bali. Stay in transit for your flight home
Diving Highlights and Bucket List Dive Sites:
Wakatobi Dive Resort has one of the world’s best house reefs. It is a vibrant coral wall that meanders for several miles in front of the resort. At slack tide, both high and low, it is an excellent spot for a current-free saunter searching for the reef’s diverse macro critters, such as pygmy sea-horses, ghost pipefish and frogfish. When the current is running, it is a fast-paced, adrenaline-filled ride with bigger creatures such as trevally, barracuda and turtles often making an appearance. Currents also encourage the abundant soft corals to swell, showing off a rainbow of colourful hues. And all this just a stone’s throw from your veranda.
Crinoids (also known as feather stars) accommodate a multitude of creatures from squat lobster to shrimps and even tiny clingfish. The nocturnal counterpart of the crinoid, the basket star, also has a stunning little shrimp hitchhiker, found only on their arms. Most recently, the giant clams revealed their own residents in the form of jewel-like spotted shrimps living deep inside and exposed only to the most patient and observant of divers. The dive guides at Wakatobi are trained not just to help spot all these tiny creatures, but to assist with your interaction too.
Sometimes it’s not the easiest trick to get in and have a proper look at the smallest animals. Your guide can provide a steady anchorage if you’d like to stabilise yourself, while they use a pointer to indicate the animal’s location. The guides take care to never manipulate or harm the creatures while showing it.
One of your first days’ guided dives at the resort will be on the House Reef. The dive is conducted from one of the large day boats. This helps you to get your bearings should you wish to do an unguided dive later during your stay.
Pottering along the uneven wall, full of overhangs and clefts you will spot all the local residents. Several species of anemonefish dance among the fronds of their tentacular homes and an inquisitive school of bigeye trevallies are often found near the Jetty Bar. It is also one of the best sites to find turtles; both hawksbill and green turtles glide along the wall.
For a relaxed unguided dive, at any time during the day, the house reef can easily be reached by swimming over the reef flat. One can find seahorses, blue-ringed octopus, snake eels and unusual nudibranchs among the corals, rocks and seagrass. From the reef flats at high tide, it is easy to pop over the reef crest directly onto the house reef. Along the reef, there are two gullies in the wall, which enable you to shelter from current. The resort’s tenders are always on hand to drop you off or pick you up, should you wish.
One of Wakatobi’s most iconic and well known sites. It’s also its furthest, taking about three quarters of an hour to reach. Keep your eyes peeled during the journey for a pod of pilot whales that often rest between the two reef systems. Blade is an elaborate ridge system, but the part we dive is a narrow ridge with pinnacles along its length, resembling a knife’s blade. One can also find macro sightings such as frogfish and ghost pipefishes there too.
This large pinnacle comes from the depths of the ocean up to perfect safety stop depth. The pinnacle is actually connected via a ridge to other parts of the system, on the top of which you can find a huge coral rosette. The reef itself also has resident schools of large fishes such as barracuda and snapper.
A favourite among guests for its rich diversity and abundance of reef life. The wall is simply covered in growth from the top of the reef, for as far as you can see. With a little current, it’s easy enough to gently ride the current and follow the reef’s contours for the entire dive, never reaching a break in the lush growth.
Several aspects of the remotely located Wakatobi Dive Resort stand it apart from other dive resorts: the extremely high level of service, five-star accommodations and gourmet food – not to mention the diving. Each hand-crafted villa and bungalow is spacious, quiet, comfortable and just a few steps from the ocean. All are air-conditioned with WIFI satellite internet access, along with comprehensive amenities.
These very comfortable bungalows are located slightly behind and in-between the front-row Ocean Bungalows amidst beautiful palm trees and other tropical plants just a stone’s throw away from the water.
Take in a private ocean view at the end of a satisfying day’s diving, on the balcony or in one of the comfortable lounge chairs in front of your Ocean Bungalow. All have commodious front porches with comfortable lounge beds.
ONE BEDROOM VILLA
The One-bedroom Villas are located at the furthest point north along Wakatobi’s beach. Set on a low ledge overlooking the beach and House Reef, they offer privacy and spacious comfort, complemented by unobstructed views of the ocean and Wakatobi’s spectacular sunsets. These villas include full baths plus an outdoor spa shower and expansive decks with steps down to the ocean.
One-bedroom Villa guests enjoy a complementary privilege package:
- Butler for a resort experience on a par with the best in the world.
- One PDEM (Private Dive Experience Manager)
- One Fluo Dive/Snorkel Experience or trial session with a Seacam/Canon 5D UW setup for two dives – a pro camera system for you to enjoy, with guidance/instruction if you would like.
- Private Beachfront
- Access to private Concierge services for trip preparation